Friday 13 January 2012

My top tips to banish dry skin this winter...

First of all, I just want to apologise for the severe lack of posts recently! I have been such a busy bee, working like there's no tomorrow! My hours have died down a bit now so I am ready to update you all with posts that are long over due...

So, as you all may know, with winter comes dry skin, chapped lips and frizzy, non co-oporating hair but here are my top tips I have been using for a silky smooth body during winter ...
1. Using a good body scrub before anything is very important to get rid of dry flaky skin cells, leaving you with soft silky skin and a good base to apply your body lotion so it can get to work quickly on the new skin cells underneath. I love Avon Senses Hollywood Starlet Body Scrub, it smells wonderful and leaves me with touchably smooth skin. Some body scrubs can be quite harsh on the skin and sometimes a little bit painful but this one is very gentle, however you can still feel it doing it's job.



                                    
2. Using a good pair of exfoliationg gloves along with my body scrub gives a bit of extra help. These ones from Superdrug are very good as they are not to rough and are also very cute! 

3. A good body lotion is key to soft skin, I have recently started using Vaseline Essential Moisture Cocoa Radiant Body Lotion, it smells good enough to eat and it is a lovely consistency which sinks in quickly and feels like it is still working all day. Apply every morning for best results.


4. A hard-working shower gel/cream is also important for dry skin in the winter. A shower cream is often best as it has moisturising ingredients especially for dry skin. I like Dove Triple Moisturising Beauty Care Body Wash as it is very soft and gentle on the skin.

5. If you have time to treat to treat yourself to a body wrap at your local spa or salon, then do! You can see the difference instantly. It is a very indulgent treatment that often involves body brushing, exfoliating and a mask over the whole body, Dermalogica Body Wraps are lovely.

What products are you loving for winter?!



                        


No comments:

Post a Comment