Sunday 14 August 2011

Loreal Infallible Foundation- Brush V Bottle..

Loreal Infallible foundation, is my absolute favourite foundation, I have tried so many over the years, to find the one that's just right for me. Unfortunately as I am so pale it was a real struggle to find a foundation that wasn't too dark or made me look like an orange!! I found that this foundation was just right. As I recently converted to the brush instead of the bottle I thought I would compare both and let you know what I thought..

So, for probably over a 2 years now I have used the Loreal Infallible Foundation 30ml ( 015 Porcelain) £12.29 bottle.


They say that this is meant to last up to 16 hours, fights the signs of make-up meltdown, anti-transfer, combat signs of fatigue and humidity and provide all day radiance. Now, I've found that this has lasted all day, however I tend to have quite an oily t-zone and this product says that it stops shine and unfortunately for me I found that it didn't provide this. On the other hand this foundation provides great coverage which you can build up and it is the perfect colour for me. I found from experience that this foundation isn't great for topping up throughout the day as it often looks more obvious if you do this, as once you have first applied it it dries and sort of sets, so if your someone you likes to top up then you are best to pop some powder on top instead. I've never had a problem with this foundation, hence why I have used it for so long! The bottle has never been a problem for me as I tend to like to put my foundation on with my fingers anyway, you could always use this with a foundation brush or sponge if you prefer. This bottle is a lovely size and fits perfectley in my make-up bag, it is glass so do be careful! however I've never broken one!! :) Once you can't get anymore foundation out of the pump it is a good idea to run the seal under a hot tap to release it and you will find that there if often a lot more in the bottom! Another upside to this foundation is that you don't need a lot, so it lasts me for months!!

V

Now a couple of weeks ago I needed a new bottle and came across the Loreal Infallible Brush 25ml £12.99
when I was shopping in Superdrug and thought I would give it a try.



I was a bit conscious as I wasn't sure it would live up to my usual bottle. But I haven't been disappointed. This foundation is said to last for up to 24 hours instead of 16 and is said to have a fine-matte finish. I have found this foundation does feel different to the other it is finer and lighter, I guess it does have a slightly matte finish, it doesn't really make much different shine wise. It looks very natural and blends in well. Now you might wonder what I thought of the brush as I don't tend to use them. To release the foundation you twist the top and the foundation comes out of the brush. It is very quick and easy to apply and I haven't had any problems with it, however I found that you do need to run your fingers gently over the top as the brush sometimess leaves slight brush marks. I have used it for about 2 weeks now and it seems as if more has gone than the bottle would have, also it is 5ml smaller. I am yet to finish the bottle but for the price I hope that it lasts as long as my usual. The brush is also very soft and feels lovely on your skin which is a bonus.


I would probably say that the bottle is still my favourite as the consistency feels slightly different to the one in the brush, you could use it with a foundation brush anyway, however the brush does provide more make-up bag space, which we all need! 
 Phew...

1 comment:

  1. Try mineral make up! Lily Lolo is great, same ingredients as more expensive brands like Bare Minerals, and it's better for really pale girls :) Once you've tried it you will never go back to liquid, I swear!
    Great post :)

    ReplyDelete