Monday 28 November 2011

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lip Stain Review

I had been itching to try out this new lip stain from Maybelline for a long time and I finally purchased one last week in 'Tender Rose'. I have always been a fan of lip stains as they give a very natural flush of colour that can be built up and lasts longer than your average lip colour.
Maybelline's Colour Sensational Lip Stain £5.99 comes in range of berry shades, I was drawn to 'Tender Rose' as this was the lightest of the colours and I wanted quite a natural shade for everyday, however from using it I have noticed that the colour is very buildable and can give a more dramatic look by applying a couple more coats.
The packaging is lovely and can easily fit in your handbag or clutch bag, without taking up a lot of space. The lip stain has the appearance of a felt tip pen.



When applying the colour I found there isn't a huge need to be accurate with drawing the colour on as when I am in a bit of a rush I just pop a bit in the middle of my lips are blend out with my finger(quickly!) for a flush of colour. This lip stain, like many, does dry very quickly.
Staying power is an issue for me as I like my lipsticks etc to last so there is no need to touch up lots throughout the day. This one, however, I found only lasts a couple of hours at a time but it means that I just touch up after my lunch.
I am very impressed with the colour of this lip stain, I think it would compliment any skin tone, as I have very pale skin I don't like my lip colours to look to harsh and this one is just perfect.
What I also love about this lip stain is that it smells and tastes delicious! Just like berries! Which is a huge bonus because I hate it when lipsticks have a funny taste to them. Also this stain is very light and feels like you have nothing on your lips which is lovely.
Overall I would definitely buy this product again as I was very pleased with it and it came at a bargain price!

No comments:

Post a Comment