Tuesday 22 November 2011

John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Styling Spray

Hello lovelies! :)
First of all I would just like to apologise for my lack of posts recently, I have been a very busy bee!

This post is a review of the John Frieda Frizz Ease 3 Day Straight Semi-Permanent styling spray, a spray that claims to block out frizz as you straighten, with a blend of polymers with keratin protein, wraps each strand, sealing in straight style for up to 3 days...

When I found out about this product I knew I needed to give it a try as I have naturally very frizzy hair with a slight wave to it and it rarely stays straight once I have straightened it. To hear that this product would keep your hair straight for 3 days sounded too good to be true!
I purchased the spray last week from Boots, it cost me £5.99 which I don't think is too bad considering everyone is saving their pennies. The bottle is quite small... it contains 100ml, depending on the thickness of your hair depends on the amount of product you use and how quickly it will run out.
I used this product for the first time last week, at night time, so I wouldn't have to straighten it again in the morning... You apply it to damp/wet hair in sections, the product recommends using about 10-15 pumps of the spray, as I did, then to blow dry your hair and straighten it in sections, which I did. Now I wasn't sure whether to use any of my regular heat protection spray as I wasn't sure if it would effect the chemicals in the product so I gave it a miss. The product does claim to have added heat protection in it.
After using this product I was very pleased at how smooth and sleek my hair looked compared to how it would usually look after straightening.
Unfortunately when I woke up my hair had gone wavy again! I was quite disappointed... So I did need to touch it up. I thought that maybe I should use a few more pumps as my hair is very thick.
So that's what I did yesterday. By doing this my hair did seem straighter and lasted longer but it was still slightly frizzy which I was hoping I could get rid of! It did however stay straighter for the rest of the day.
For me this product doesn't last 3 days, I do wash my hair every other day anyway so I've not given the 3 days a try, however on the second day my hair looks wavy again, after sleeping on it.
I will continue to use this product as it does make straightening my hair that little bit easier and does make it stay straighter for longer during the day which is good enough for me but unfortunately it wouldn't last the 3 days.
I am interested to hear what your experiences are with this product and whether you were impressed? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment